We're more than just a walk in the park! This awesome event celebrates the brave NF Heroes who live with neurofibromatosis, and raises funds for critical NF research. When you and your family sign up to join us on September 18, you get a day of fun for your entire family (even your four-legged friends are welcome!)
One in three thousand people are living with neurofibromatosis (NF), a genetic disorder that can cause tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body. NF can lead to blindness, bone abnormalities, cancer, deafness, disfigurement, learning disabilities, and disabling pain. Currently there is no cure and no effective treatments for NF, but we’re walking to change that.
Join us in your best superhero attire and discover the feeling of being a part of something really special! Come out and be a part of this community brought together to help those affected by NF. The day will be packed full of fun with breakfast snacks, lunch, music, games, raffle and auction. There are three main events taking place in the beautiful Addison Oaks park:
2.5 Mile walk (paved trails)
5k Timed Run (intermediate course; varied trails: paved, course gravel and dirt trails)
10k Timed Run (challenging course; varied trails: paved, course gravel and dirt trails)
Event Registration Fees:
Adult Walker $20
Child Walker $10 (includes hero dash)
Young Child $0 (includes hero dash)
5k Runner $25 (EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! Price will increase to $30 August 18 and $40 for same-day registration)
10k Runner $25 (EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! Price will increase to $30 August 18 and $40 for same-day registration)
Event Day Schedule:
Food/Fun/Registration/Check-In start at 9:30 AM
Opening statements and hero celebration at 10:30 AM
Kids Hero Dash at 10:40 AM
5k / 10k run START 11:00 AM
Walk START 11:05 AM
Food and Fun until 2:00 PM
Introducing WALK WEDNESDAYS!
Walk Wednesdays are flash fundraising contests that allow you earn incentives in the weeks leading up to the walk. These incentives will be in addition to those listed here but are secret until they are announced for the contest.
Please observe these rules to play along:
1. Contests will be announced only on the walk Facebook page so be sure to RSVP. You are welcome to share the daily fundraising goal however you'd like but CTF will only announce it on Facebook.
2. Contests will be announced at noon local time and end at 11:59 p.m. local time.
3. Only donations that come in online will be count for your daily goal.
4. You MUST email me at firstname.lastname@example.org@ctf.org by 11:59 p.m. on the Walk Wednesday to be eligible. If you aren't sure if you raised enough, still email me! I'll only be checking totals of people email me.
We have some unique incentives planned so have fun and don't be afraid to get creative!*
*Looking for creative ways to flash fundraise? Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Make a facebook post that that anyone who donates $24 online gets to write a facebook status for you that you'll leave up for $24 hours. A $48 donation will get them 2 days!
2. Create "I'll mow your lawn one-time" coupons and offer to send/give one to the first 3 that donates $50 to you.
3. Send an email on a Tuesday before a WW asking your friends to pack a lunch for the next day and donate an amount equal to what they were planning on spending to go out to lunch. Follow up at lunch time.
4. Offer to write the name and a message the person chooses on your walk-day shirt in exchange for a $30 donation one day.
Questions about registering, donating, or your fundraising page? Check our FAQ here.
For more information, contact Christy Wheaton email@example.com or 248-924-4273. To learn more about our mission, visit www.ctf.org